Objective-C is an object-oriented programming language which was developed in the early 1980’s. This was used by Apple to developing their Operating System X for (Mac book) & Operating system for their iOS app development (i phone).
Advantages of using Objective-C
- Codes written on Objective-C are compatible
- The codes that are developed on Objective-C and C++ can be used on Swift. Codes developed on Swift, however, cannot be used vice versa. The number of programs developed in Objective C is numerous when compared to swift.
- Codes can be compiled into static libraries and frameworks
- The codes developed on Objective-C can be compiled into libraries and frameworks. On the other hand, the codes developed on Swift cannot be compiled into static libraries and frameworks.
- Syntax is stable
- The syntax on Swift is still improving and would take a while to be stable. However, this is not the case with the syntax in Objective-C, which makes it more convenient for developers.
- Apps size is smaller
- The apps developed in Objective Care smaller in size. On the other hand, the apps developed on Swift are 10-20 Mb bigger. The architecture used here also design the app plays a vital role here. Time, however, will show that Swift will have the upper hand, as the sought out programming language to develop programs in the future.
- It reduces the coding and also the codes are reusable
- Swift is a complete programming language, which involves lesser coding. This language puts light on simplifying the code sometimes as well, however, these codes are reusable.
- It is lesser error prone
- When a developer creates syntax’s in this language he is restricted from committing simple errors by the language. This means the possibilities of crashes and unexpected behavior of the code is lesser.
- Swift is faster
- This programming language has proved to be comparatively faster than all the earlier programming languages used by Apple. Even C++ language is second to it in several computation algorithms.
- Present on open source
- This program was initially created only for the developments of iOS and OS X. It is now open to the developments on Linus as well. The codes created on swift are more portable, compared to codes created on Objective-C.
- The language is more interactive
- Swift has been able to act as a platform, where developers can test the code on the spot. This, in turn, helps the programmer in identifying errors in coding and custom views.
Swift is a multi-paradigm programming language which was used by Apple . This was primarily used in developing apps for iOS, Mac, Apple TV and Apple Watch. The incorporation of several new features has made the program more user-friendly. Initially a proprietary language, version 2.2 was made open-source software and made available under Apache License 2.0 on December 3, 2015.
Advantages of using Swift